About Marie…Marie is a family person, married to John they have three exceptional sons; Scott, Brett and Luke. The recent addition to their lovely family is their beautiful granddaughter Matilda addition to Callum, and Evie. Marie is confident in dealing with people from all walks of life, training at a UK College as a Celebrant, to provide you the client with a first class professional service, whatever Circle Of Life Ceremony you decide to choose.
She is a trained Public Speaker and a qualified Hypnotherapist M.N.C.H. (DIP HYP) NRSCT specializing in many areas for the past 17 years. Having been a Bereavement Counsellor for 35 years, she recognized a need for individual personalized ceremonies to celebrate the life of the person, respecting their beliefs and wishes.
Her life’s journey has touched upon caring for the terminally ill, understanding their fears and trepidations, especially about coming to the end of their journey, they often asked Marie “ What will be said about me at my celebration of life? This was very thought provoking for Marie. She is also a qualified Life Coach and therefore she is comfortable in dealing with any situation that may arise during the course of any chosen ceremony. Specializing in relationship coaching, she can now call upon many of these skills to give you the client a bespoke service.
Being a trained public speaker Marie started out from school as a G.P.O. Telephonist. Her claim to fame was that she was the voice of the weather forecast throughout Leeds Bradford and the Huddersfield areas. During this time she attended college to study drama and production. She was often on stage to show her talents and speaking abilities.
Marie had her first poem published in the highly acclaimed Anthology of poetry at the tender age of 14. She now has many poems recognized throughout the world and has had many awards given to her in recognition for this talent. She seems to have a gift of weaving a whole life story into a tapestry of words. This talent will enhance itself, as she writes your ceremony for you.
You can be rest assured that no third party will write the ceremony, which is personalized for you.
Having always shown an interest in the holistic approach to a healthy mind body and spirit, Marie continues to update her professional portfolio with boundless energy and enthusiasm.
How qualified is my Celebrant? A question you should always ask.
Holistic summary of Marie Macintyre – Thomsons qualifications.
- Mum, wife and grandma with a Life skill degree. In Marie’s own words” This is my most important achievement and qualification”, shared by many. This is an overview of the past 17 years of Marie’s life experience training, relating to and including her role as an independent Celebrant.
- Qualified Hypnotherapist: Accredited Member of The National Council For Hypnotherapy. (M.N.C.H.) Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy. NLP Neuro-Linguistic programming.
- Over 20 certificated CPD courses relating to specialized areas of hypnotherapy from 1998-to date.
- Business studies and computer IT Birmingham university. August 1999.
- Teaching: The Further And Adult Education Teaching Certificate. Wakefield college July 2002
- Mind body and spirit Holistic studies; Master Reiki Practitioner. October 2004
- Qualified Life and Relationship Coach. NCFE Newcastle College. JUNE 2005 with credits.
- Certificate in EFT (emotional freedom technique) December 2008.
- UK College training college of Celebrancy associated with the International College of Celebrancy. Certificate in Funeral Celebrancy which led to being a member of the Association of Independent Celebrants.
- Worthing and Sussex 2010. Weddings, Civil Partnerships. Renewal Of Vows, Commitments and Baby / Child Namings. (Family Celebrancy).
- Combining many years of study and practice to ensure you have a first class Celebrant in Marie to conduct your ceremony.
- Trained Celebrant: Certificate in Wedding Celebrancy, Renewal of vows, Naming, Funerals, Rites of passage.
Certificate in Wedding Celebrancy, Renewal Of Vows, Blessings, Civil Partnerships. Being a qualified Life and relationship coach, helps Marie to put the couple at complete ease. If required nearer the time of the ceremony Marie can offer relaxation techniques, weight Cd’s personalised for you, ego and confidence boost Cd,s all recorded by Marie to meet your needs. Live sessions are also available to help you look and feel the best you can for your important day.
Naming Celebrancy Certificate: Marie has a lovely rapport with children of all ages and has a CRB certificate. Not forgetting her life skill degree of being a mum and grandmother.
Marie has a certificate in Funeral Celebrancy, Bereavement Counsellor, Stress Management and has extensive experience with working and caring for the terminally ill. She is also a trained Samaritan listener.
Marie is used to dealing with large and small audiences, being a trained drama student and communicator within many career areas, over the years.
She is smart with attention to detail which will always ensure she arrives at your chosen ceremony looking her best. For Weddings she can colour coordinate to your chosen theme. E.g Silver Wedding Renewal of vows.
Baby Naming February 2011 all guest will be in Blue and Pink. This personalizes the special day.
Burns Night Speech Marie will dress in Tartan.
Each event and ceremony is ‘Limited Only By Your Imagination’.
Note: Always ask your chosen celebrant where she/he trained, what the training included.? Are they registered with a recognized organization, such as The Association Of Independent Celebrants.
Ask to see genuine testimonials. It is not the length of time in business that is important as much as the skills and service offered.
Will you have a contract with your celebrant to ensure all criteria of promises are met between both parties?
Marie is a member of The Association Of Independent Celebrants adhering to a strict code of practice. Circle Of Life Ceremonies UK is about the individual or their family having freedom of choice.
Choosing a service with a ceremony that is the ‘Difference that makes the Difference’. Marie gives an Holistic approach to every ceremony, making it a memorable day for you. Whatever the occasion, you can be rest assured that your ceremony will be a reflection of your life and personality. Including important memories and milestones in the tapestry of ‘The Circle Of Your Life’.